Financial Success Starts Here! We’re proud to offer the Stock Market Basics Scholarship to college students
One of our key messages here at My Stock Market Basics is that financial education and investing for the future start at home. We want to thank parents that have made personal finance a part of their children’s education and congratulate students for taking the time to start their financial journey.
That’s why we’re proud to offer an annual scholarship of $1,000 to new and current college students. Submissions will be accepted starting in January of each year with a winner selected by September.
How to Apply for the Stock Market Basics Scholarship
Applicants must submit a 500+ word essay about one of the following topics: what you have learned about investing, why investing is important, or the most important thing to remember when investing.
- Essays must be your own work and not submitted to any other website.
- Applicants must be either currently enrolled in or actively applying to an undergraduate or graduate-level program. Students at both community colleges and four-year institutions are encouraged to apply.
- Essays must be received by August 1st, 2017
- Applications should be mailed to email@example.com and include name, address and phone number. Please include “scholarship” in the email subject line.
- Applications must state the school the student is attending or planning on attending.
Essays will be posted on the blog through July and August to highlight the most important concepts and importance of investing. The scholarship winner will be selected on September 15th by the article receiving the most social media “buzz” the winning essay generates, as determined by social shares.
About the Stock Market Basics Scholarship
A college degree is a great start but is no guarantee that you’ll reach your financial goals in life. I have met people with graduate degrees that struggled with their money because they were never taught good personal finance choices. Schools don’t even teach how to balance a checking account anymore. Good financial habits and stock market basics must start at home and we want to reward families for making investing in the future a priority. Not only can your essay help you pay for college but it will help teach readers smart ways to invest.
2016 winner! Congratulations to Ivetka O’Malley at Maricopa Community College, our 2016 Scholarship winner on partner blog, PeerFinance101. Check out Ivetka’s essay on How Goldfish can Teach You about Money!
Don’t forget, we’re running this scholarship every year so be sure to get your essay in before this year’s 2017 deadline.